12.10.2007

The Shriners and their zippy little go-carts.

I had the pleasure of photographing the overly long Fayetteville Christmas Parade. You can imagine the excitement. A little over two hours of repetitive floats and bands. Then off in the distance, I hear the whine of go-cart engines. The Shriners and their little go-carts were making their way down the street. They moved their cars around the street in a organized military fashion as if the US was ever invaded they would be there to fight off the enemy with their go-cart driving skills. For some odd reason I look forward to them. This is the only part of parades I can tolerate. I'm not sure if it is the comical aspect of grown men riding around in miniature cars or that I envy them and wish that I could be zipping around in a go-cart. Maybe I should just join the Shriners.


SHRINERS | Andrew Craft

SHRINERS | Andrew Craft

SHRINERS | Andrew Craft

1 comment:

Brandon Foster said...

The Shriners are moving up in the world. Dig the mini-Ferraris.